The BIMsider’s favourite posts from the world of BIM – for the week of Apr. 8th – Apr. 14th, 2018.
I’m going to start this week’s Roundup off with a post written by Dan Stine and posted in AECbytes about the big news of the week the release of Revit 2019. Watch of annual Special Edition of the Weekly Roundup about Revit 2019 coming soon.
What’s New in Revit 2019?
2) Why do you Trust BIM? Well here are the 3 reason Blair Birdsell does.
3 Reasons To Trust and Value BIM
3) While you are questioning BIM, you might as well question the use of “Pinning” in Revit too with this post from the RevitCat.
To Pin or Unpin? that is the Revit Question
4) It was a busy week this week for Luke over at What Revit Wants, and they are all great post so please enjoy!
How to Perform a Realtime Visual Model Comparison between Model Versions
BIM 360 Design Released
Revit 2018.3 Update Direct Download Link
Free Revit Parameter Explorer Addin
5) In case you missed any of Dan’s posts this week on his blog BIM Chapters here is his weekly recap.
BIM Chapters Update – Week of 8 April 2018
Arrived In The Mail Today: Residential Design Using Revit 2019 (this was my favourite/most interesting post of Dan’s this week…the bird is just so cool!)
6) It was not just Revit that got a new release this week so did Bluebeam Revu. (TenLinks)
Bluebeam Releases Revu 2018 for AEC
7) This week also saw the release of BIM 360 Design (the new name for C4R) here are 10 points about it from BIMlevel (will need to translate to English)
Quick post Q & A: 10 + 1 things you should know if you’re using C4R
BIM 360 Design Released (more info from What Revit Wants)
8) This week’s news from the world of RTC Events Management / BILT from the RTC News Blog.
The Confession Chair – Chapter Four – Death of Disciplinary Silos and the Birth of Integrated Industries
BILT ASIA: The Epilogue
BILT ANZ Collaborating SMART in 2018
9) Now for a little more Dynamo love with this week’s release of version 1.3.3 (Dynamo Blog)
Dynamo 1.3.3 in Revit 2019.0
10) I will end this week’s Roundup off with a post from the Revit Blog with a new updated Revit Roadmap after the release for Revit 2019.
Revit Roadmap Update – April 2018
Until next week,
LinkedIn: Carl Storms
Podcast: The Simply Complex Podcast