The BIMsider’s favourite posts from the world of BIM – for the week of Feb. 4th – Feb. 10th, 2018.
I’m going to start this week’s Roundup off with a post from the BILT Academy Blog which shares the excitement and upcoming responsibility the 3 members of the BILT Academy have now that the BILT EUR 2018 call for Abstracts is closed.
Our first time …
2) Autodesk has released another “Road Map” this time for their BIM 360 Platform
The BIM 360 “next gen” Platform
3) Trimble added to its empire this week with the acquisition of e-Builder
Trimble acquires e-Builder for $500m (Extranet Evolution)
Trimble expands management solutions with e-Builder acquisition (Construction Dive)
4) Now let’s have some fun with a Revit tutorial from the Revit Kid.
Revit Tutorial – Missing Secondary Contour Lines (Topo Tip)
5) Some more knowledge for you Revit users out there, this time some videos for energy analysis from the Revit Blog.
3 videos to help you get started with energy performance analysis in Revit
6) If you aren’t using Dynamo yet, let Michael from ArchSmarter tell you why you should be.
What Is Dynamo and 5 Reasons You Should be Using It
7) In case you missed any of Dan’s posts this week on his blog BIM Chapters here is his weekly recap.
BIM Chapters Update – Week of 4 February 2018
8) This has been an interesting series posted on the CADD Microsystems Blog by Jason, this week was part 6.
100 THINGS EVERY REVIT USER SHOULD KNOW – PART 6 (Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
9) All the news from the world of RTC/BILT for the week from the RTC News Blog.
Kicking Off BILTna 2018 Workshop
The Confession Chair: Chapter Two – 99 abstracts on BIM on my screen. 99 abstract on BIM…
Welcome to the Data Day 2018 Committee Arif Hanif
BILT ANZ 2018 Keynote is…
10) I will end this week’s Roundup with a follow-up post from upFront.eZine to their Autodesk is not Adobe post.
Readers Respond to Autodesk’s Subscription Woes
Until next week,
LinkedIn: Carl Storms
Podcast: The Simply Complex Podcast