The BIMsider’s favourite posts from the world of BIM – for the week of Sept. 15th – Sept. 21st, 2019.
I’m going to start this week’s Roundup off with some Dynamo posts from the danimosite Blog.
It’s just a Phase…
Placing multiple views on multiple sheets…and a legend copier
Dynamo View Extension WPF Template…
2) This next post is not a BIM post, but I do think it applies to the AECO industry. I also think it may explain what “Unicorns” may not be all they are cracked up to be, the post is from the Atlantic.
WeWork and the Great Unicorn Delusion
3) This some of what was posted this week on Revit Add-ons
Modelobjects – The Real-Time BIM Messenger for Revit
4) In case you missed any of Dan’s posts this week on his blog BIM Chapters here is his weekly recap.
One Button Shortcuts in Revit
NDSU 2nd Yr Arch visits LHB
BILT Europe 2019 – Professional Lighting Analysis for Architects
5) This week Revit Pure announced the release of their updated 2020 Revit Basic bundle on Sept. 26th, 2019.
BASICS 2020 LEARNING PACKAGE
6) This weeks news from the world of BILT and DBEI from the DBEI News Blog.
WHY BILT ACADEMY MATTERS
DBEI HACKATHON – THE FRUITS OF LABOUR
DAY 2 – PRACTICAL SOLUTIONS TO THE CONTENT PROBLEMS WE ALL HAVE
GOOD CONTENT = HAPPINESS! A LOOK AT THE BCS EUROPE STREAM
7) Some more Dynamo fun this week from our friends over at the livingroomcraftz blog.
8) This week Luke at What Revit Wants let’s us know about the new Revizto integration with BIM 360.
Revizto BIM360 Integration Released – Here’s How to Use It
9) Are you looking to release your inter BIM Manager Super Powers? Then you need to attend this online webinar by Michael Kilkelly of ArchSmarter.
“BIM managers need to juggle a lot of responsibilities. From learning new technology to leading user training to troubleshooting complex problems, there’s more than enough to keep one person busy. If you’re juggling project work in addition to BIM management duties, you’re even more squeezed for time. In this one hour workshop, we’ll share with you the 5 essential skills every BIM manager needs to stay sane and excel in this challenging role.”
Registration for this FREE event on Sept. 26th @ 2:00 pm ET
10) I will end this week’s Roundup with a Tutorial from The Revit Kid.
Tutorial – Aligning Views with Photographs in Revit and Lumion
Bonus) This week’s Bonus post is about #AU2019, more specifically Forge DevCon on the Monday before AU, and how you don’t have to be a programmer to attend…I’m registered (It is Alive in the Lab)
Autodesk Forge DevCon is an Event for Programmers and Non-Programmers
Until next week,
LinkedIn: Carl Storms
Podcast: The Simply Complex Podcast