The BIMsider’s favourite posts from the world of BIM – for the week of Jan. 13th, 2019 – Jan. 19th, 2019.
I’m going to start this week’s Roundup off with a new post from John on his blog sixtysecondrevit about not wasting work.
No work is ever wasted
2) Just what we all wanted in the AEC industry another acronym, find out what this means in this post from What Revit Wants.
Digital Prototyping Framework (DPF) – Because We Need Another Acronym
3) Hard to believe that the RevitCat has already brought us 15 “Weird” railing posts for Revit, but he has and this week #16 is out.
Weird Railing Stuff – part 16 – Rail Hand Clearance Property
4) In case you missed any of Dan’s posts this week on his blog BIM Chapters here is his weekly recap.
BIM Chapters Update – Week of 13 January 2019
5) A new Revit API course from Harry over at Boost You BIM is not available on Udemy.
New Revit API online course – Materials
6a) Another busy week in the world of Revit Add-ons!
The Week That Was in Revit Add-ons for Jan 7-13, 2019
Free OneFilter – Quickly Find and Filter Revit Families
pyRevit v4.6.10, 4.6.11 & Upcoming pyRevitLabs Merge
What’s Hot in Revit Add-ons for January 2019
6b) Keeping with the busy week theme, there were some great posts from the world of BILT & DBEI this week.
Flying the Friendly Skies (RTC News Blog)
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION: PLAN EARLY AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF EARLY BIRD PRICING FOR BILT ANZ? (DBEI News Blog)
GOT SOME TIME FREE TO SPEND IN MELBOURNE (DBEI News Blog)
BILT ANZ 2019 VISION 20/20 COMPETITION: THE IMMERSIVE FUTURE (DBEI News Blog)
7) Let’s get our Vectors on with this post from Marcello and the Simplex Complex Blog.
VISUALIZE A VECTOR NORMAL TO A CURVE IN DYNAMO BIM
8) This week also saw the release of Revit 2019.2, find out about all the new features in this post from the Revit Blog.
Revit 2019.2 new features connect data, cloud, and customers
9) I have been a fan of BIMStore since the first version back in the day (which was a Wednesday) and that has not changed with the launch of BIMStore 4.0. Read more in this post from Extranet Evolution.
10) Let’s wrap up this week with a new comic from the AEC Complex Comic
The AEC Complex Comic Issue #14
A quick bonus post for this week, about my crazy (but awesome) 2018.
A Year in Review – 2018 BILT World Tour
Until next week,
LinkedIn: Carl Storms
Podcast: The Simply Complex Podcast