The BIMsider’s favourite posts from the world of BIM – for the week of July 15th – July 21st, 2018.
I’m going to start this week’s Roundup off with a post from the Dynamo Blog about new Extensions support for 2.0
Extensions now supported in Dynamo 2.0 Package Manager
2) This week people learned if they will be speaking at #AU2018, I was lucky enough to get 3 sessions, But I wasn’t the only one learn what John will be doing fro AU 2018. (sixtysecondrevit)
John also released an update to his Dynamo package Rhythm this week, learn about that at his blog too. (sixtysecondrevit)
Rhythm for #DynamoBIM Summer Updates
3) This week Dan had a couple of helpful posts on his blog BIM Chapters
Revit Parameters – Using the Correct Units – Structural Framing Total Weight
Revit Lifeline by Steve Stafford
4) Great tip this week from the Revit Pure Blog.
HOW TO SHOW CEILING HEIGHT IN A ROOM TAG
5) This is a great post, and I completely agree that once a big conference is over like BILT or AU people tend to forget about all the great content from them! (Revit Recess)
Awesome Entourage in 5 Seconds
6) All the news from the world of BILT from the RTC News Blog. And a busy week it was!
BILT NA: A Guide for Non-Revit Users
Data Day 2018: New Lab Announced
BCS under the BILT Umbrella – book into a BCS Session Now!
A preview into BCS Europe – Hear what attendees had to say…
Have you been paying attention?
Guest Blog: The implementation of BIM in Spain: The Past, Present and Future.
Partnering with the Community
7) For those that like to use the IFC format, this is a helpful post from the zhukoven blog, with a shut-out to BIM 42 for some added info.
Autodesk published IFC Manual for Revit users
8) This next post is an excellent review for the Surfacebook 2, from someone in the AEC industry, check out more on the RobiNZ CAD Blog.
Making my Perfect PC? A peak beneath the Microsoft Surface at Autodesk University #AU2017
9) Need a tip for getting your room separation lines to work across disciplines, then head over to Behzad Meskini’s Blog.
Control Room Separation Lines across different Disciplines
10) I will end this week’s Roundup with another in the great Conceptual Massing Environment (CME) series by the RevitCat
Creating Sweeps in Revit Mass – CME Part 4 (Part 1, 2, 3)
Until next week,
LinkedIn: Carl Storms
Podcast: The Simply Complex Podcast