The BIMsider’s favourite posts from the world of BIM – for the week of June 10th – June 16th, 2018.
I’m going to start this week’s Roundup off with a post from the RevitCat about a part of Revit that doesn’t get enough love these days, the conceptual massing editor.
Creating Extrusions in Revit Mass – CME Part 1
2) If you missed out on Submitting for AU 2018, but still want to and you have some Dynamo chops, then this next post from the Dynamo Blog is for you!
AU 2018: More Presentation Opportunities!
3) This week the Autodesk University Call for Proposals closed, and the community voting started! (AU Blog)
CFP Is Closed—Time to Vote on Submissions
4) All the news from the world of BILT from the RTC News Blog.
Why YOU need to attend the Data Day 2018 Conference
BCS NA 2018 Speaker Spotlight: Ken Flannigan, KONE
5) This week I was at the HxGN Live 2018 Conference and there was a couple of big announcements from Leica. (TenLinks)
Hexagon Unveils Leica BLK3D for 3D Measurement
Leica Announces iCON iCR70, iCR80 Construction Total Stations
Hexagon Launches Leica RTC360 Laser Scanner
6) In case you missed any of Dan’s posts this week on his blog BIM Chapters here is his weekly recap.
BIM Chapters Update – Week of 10 June 2018
7) This week we get some BIM 360 knowledge from Luke and What Revit Wants.
Methods of Linking Revit Models in BIM 360 Design (Docs)
Using BIM 360 Document Management in Revit
8) Interesting post from the proving ground this week.
Design Modeling Terminology
9) If you have not already done so, be sure to check out the new AEC comics from Marcello, learn more in this post from his Simply Complex Blog.
The AEC Complex Comic
10) I will end this week’s Roundup with a post from RVIT as well as a tweet for RVIT author Jason that is Totally the same thing I di when teaching Revit!
WHAT REVIT NEEDS NOW
Bonus) Ok this was a busy week so one more bonus post and its got some freebies in it so you should check it out! (designtech blog)
PLAYING WITH DYNAMO PLAYER – PART 2
Until next week,
LinkedIn: Carl Storms
Podcast: The Simply Complex Podcast