The BIMsider’s favourite posts from the world of BIM – for the week of Feb. 25th – Mar. 3rd, 2018.
I’m going to start this week’s Roundup off with a post from Brett Young of Building SP’s LinkedIn page about last weeks AEC Hackathon.
AEC, Hackathons & Disruption: The Beginning of AI-Based CFD Tools
2) This post is less about BIM and more about IoT and Beer! Enjoy what Tom has brewed up in this post on his blog Fighting Dinosaurs.
Not BIM: A PID for Brewing Beer
3) BIM, VDC, Design Technology and the AECO Industry are not perfect there are some problems, and interoperability is one of those problems. Learn more in this post from the Proving Ground blog.
Interoperability for the Building Industry – More Wicked Problems
4) In case you missed any of Dan’s posts this week on his blog BIM Chapters here is his weekly recap.
BIM Chapters Update – Week of 25 February 2018
Problems With Revit Local and Central Files – A Self-Help Post (this was my favourite post fo Dan’s this week)
5) If you are a VR user than this post about iris’ new Multiuser meetings is a must read.
7 Ways to Make Your Multiuser Meeting in VR a Success
6) Find it hard to keep up with the world of Revit Add-ons, well Tim over at Revit Add-ons have you covered, check out this week’s recap.
The Week that was in Revit Add-ons for February 19-25, 2018
7) We are slowly learning, and making the shift away from the model and on to the data that’s behind the model. (AECbytes Blog)
8) All the news from the world of RTC/BILT for the week from the RTC News Blog.
Industry Spotlight on Singapore: from Smart City to Smart Nation
Data Day – Review and Looking Forward
The COBieNATOR is coming to BILT ANZ 2018
BILT NA 2018 – Sneak Peek at what’s to come
9) Now for a little Dynamo hair of the dog from Livingroomcraftz blog.
10) I will end this week’s Roundup with the latest post from Dan and his There’s no BIM like home Blog, the winner of the “Smartest Blog” at BIM Show Live
Until next week,
LinkedIn: Carl Storms
Podcast: The Simply Complex Podcast