The BIMsider’s favourite posts from the world of BIM – for the week of May 12th – May 18th, 2019.
I’m going to start this week’s Roundup off with a post all about the “ids” of Revit from Luke Johnson on his blog What Revit Wants.
The Many Ids Of a Revit Element and How to Work With Them – ElementId, UniqueId, DWF Guid, IfcGuid
2) Frame fun with Dynamo in this post from the Revit Blog.
Portal Frame Geometry in Dynamo
3) In case you missed any of Dan’s posts this week on his blog BIM Chapters here is his weekly recap.
BIM Chapters Update – Week of 12 May 2019
4) This was shared by Michael Kilkelly as part of his weekly “Top 5” email, head over to the VIATechnik website to check it out the tips & Shortcuts.
76 AUTODESK REVIT TIPS AND SHORTCUTS
30 NAVISWORKS TIPS AND SHORTCUTS
5) An interesting look at construction scheduling methods in this post from the Construction Productivity Blog.
Inside Look at 7 of the Top Construction Scheduling Methods
6) All the news you need to know from the world of BILT from the DBEI News Blog.
DIGITAL BUILT WEEK NORTH AMERICA – DISCOVER THE FUTURE OF BIM TECHNOLOGY
ARE YOU APP AND RUNNING FOR BILT ANZ?
SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT: HVE CONNEXIONS
7) You have your BIM looked after, how about your PIM? (AECbytes Blog)
TonicDM: Project Information Management for AEC
8) This next post about pyRevit comes from Michael Kilkelly of ArchSmarter fame. via the new ArchSmarter community “ARK“.
9) Let’s take a look at some of the Revit Add-ons news for the week.
Batch Apply Shared Parameters from .txt File
NavisClashNav – Navigate Clash Reports Generated by Navisworks Inside Revit
BIM Track™ v1.35 for Revit, Navisworks Manage, and Navisworks Simulate – Includes Enhancements to ‘View in Model’
Catching Up with ElumTools – v2020.1 (2019.7, 2018.12, and 2017.5 too)
10) This week an update to FormIt Pro came out, to offer a much improved Dynamo workflow along with other improvements! (FormIt Blog)
Until next week,
LinkedIn: Carl Storms
Podcast: The Simply Complex Podcast
1 thought on “Weekly Roundup – 2019.20”