The BIMsider’s favourite posts from the world of BIM – for the week of Dec. 30th, 2018 – Jan. 5th, 2019.
I’m going to start this week’s Roundup off with a post about the Top Speakers for last years Autodesk University in Las Vegas, from the AU Blog.
Announcing the Winners of the AU 2018 Speaker Awards
2) This post is a little late, but I still think it worth the read, from Forbes.
Why Autodesk Just Spent $1.15 Billion On Two Construction Tech Startups
3) Another even older post that is worth a read this week, from McKinsey & Company
Seizing opportunity in today’s construction technology ecosystem
4) In case you missed any of Dan’s posts this week on his blog BIM Chapters here is his weekly recap.
BIM Chapters Update – Week of 30 December 2018
5) Here is another great post from Dan, but this time on the Enscape Blog, all about what will be hot for AEC tech in 2019
Technology Trends That Will Shape The AEC Industry in 2019
LHB Construction Administrator Roger Purdy using the Microsoft Hololens with Trimble hardhat for Hololens Image courtesy LHB Corp. http://www.lhbcorp.com
6) Don’t forget to get your copy of the January issue of AUGIWorld – Out Now!
7) Sometimes you just need a bunch of strings…no worries John over at sixtysecondrevit has you covered!
Generate a Bunch of Strings Quickly for Use in #DynamoBIM
8) John did have a busy week and started a series on his blog sixtysecondrevit about practical uses for his Dynamo Package Rhythm
Rhythm in Practice – Workshared Element Queries
9) Some more Dynamo workflow fun from the justshutupandbim blog.
A quick one (while he’s away…)
10) I will end this week’s Roundup with a Year in Review Quiz from TechCrunch
Test your tech knowledge in TechCrunch’s 2018 Year In Tech Quiz
Until next week,
LinkedIn: Carl Storms
Podcast: The Simply Complex Podcast
1 thought on “Weekly Roundup – 2019.01”