The BIMsider’s favourite posts from the world of BIM – for the week of Nov. 18th – Nov. 24th, 2018.
I’m going to start this week’s Roundup off with the big news from last week that everyone was talking about…Autodesk buying (or at least agreeing to buy) PlanGrid.
Autodesk to Acquire PlanGrid for Construction (TenLinks)
Construction-savvy Plangrid adds to Autodesk toolset (Extranet Evolution)
2) AU was just a week ago, and its already time to start thinking about your submission for BILT NA 2019. (RTC News Blog)
3) Maybe overshadowed by the PlanGrid news was the announcement for the new BIM 360 Family member coming in 2019 at AU last week. (Extranet Evolution)
4) In case you missed any of Dan’s posts this week on his blog BIM Chapters here is his weekly recap.
BIM Chapters Update – Week of 18 November 2018
5) Sometimes a short line at the bathroom is not a good thing, see why in this post from Jason on his blog RVIT.
6) Time for some Ops…BIM 360 Ops that is, head over to the Mistress of Dorkness for more.
7) Those railing can be weird, more in this post from the RevitCat.
Weird Railing Stuff – part 11 – Rail Heights
8) What do you think the value of BIM support is? The BIMFreak knows.
9) And now for some fun with Dynamo…from the Livingroomcraftz blog.
10) I will end this week’s Roundup with a new comic from the AEC Complex.
The AEC Complex Comic Issue #13
Bonus post this week for those (like me) really wondering what this Blockchain stuff is all about for the AEC industry. (It is Alive in the Lab)
Blockchain and AEC from an Expert
Until next week,
LinkedIn: Carl Storms
Podcast: The Simply Complex Podcast
1 thought on “Weekly Roundup – 2018.47”