The BIMsider’s favourite posts from the world of BIM – for the week of Nov. 11th – Nov. 17th, 2018.
I’m going to start this week’s Roundup off with some big news about changes for next years BILT NA in Seattle from the RTC News Blog.
Digital Built Week – A New Direction
2) Now for some colour from the Danimosite Blog.
3) Let’s keep on the Dynamo train, and make a stop in Civil 3D town. (Autodesk Revit Structure Blog)
Tutorial – Piling with Revit 2019, Dynamo and AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
4) In case you missed any of Dan’s posts this week on his blog BIM Chapters here is his weekly recap.
BIM Chapters Update – Week of 11 November 2018
My favourite post was this one: Mark and Type Mark Parameters in Revit – The Good, The Bad, The Ugly,
5) I believe this post has been around for a while, but Michael from ArchSmarter shared it this week in his top 5 email, and I thought it was worth the share. (BoredPanda)
19 Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How People Worked Before AutoCAD
6) What learn something legendary, then check out this post from revitIQ.
YOU LEGEND! – CREATING LEGENDS IN REVIT USING LEGEND COMPONENTS
7) Some help with the mirror from the RevitCat.
Correcting the CL symbol in mirrored Revit links
8) Now for some bubbles and tea, I mean text. (Applying Technology to Architecture)
Revit Section Bubble Placed In Text
9) What Revit Wants is to play (work) with some point clouds in Revizto.
Decimating a Point Cloud in Recap for use in Revizto
10) I will end this week’s Roundup with 3 great posts from the only website to visit about add-ins for Revit, the Revit Add-ons Blog.
Guardian – Automate Consistency Re Imported Parameters & Parameters in Families, Plus Prevent Certain Actions
What’s Hot in Revit Add-ons for November 2018
The Week That Was in Revit Add-ons for November 12-18, 2018
Until next week,
LinkedIn: Carl Storms
Podcast: The Simply Complex Podcast