The BIMsider’s favourite posts from the world of BIM – for the week of Sept. 2nd – Sept. 8th, 2018.
I’m going to start this week’s Roundup off with a post from the FenestraPro blog about a new feature that allows you to quantify and manipulate nested families within a custom wall panel.
FenestraPro Premium – Improved Support for Custom Panels in Revit
2a) Are you looking from some Dynamo help with ETABS, SAP, or Tekla, then check out this post from Marcello on The Simply Complex Blog.
New Dynamo for ETABS, Dynamo for SAP and Dynamo for Tekla just added to the Dynamo SIMPLEX package
2b) keeping with Dynamo here is a helpful post from John on his sixtysecondrevit blog.
Get the Real Display String Value of #Revit Dimensions
3) It is always interesting to read one of Andy’s post about Project Sloan, find out for yourself on his Shades of Grey Blog.
4) In case you missed any of Dan’s posts this week on his blog BIM Chapters here is his weekly recap.
BIM Chapters Update – Week of 2 September 2018
5a) Time for get our Revit Tutorial on “BIG” time in this post from The Revit Kid.
Revit Tutorial – Diagrams: “BIG” Style
5b) The second Revit Tip post comes from the Revit Pure blog and will help you understand Scope Boxes.
10 TIPS TO UNDERSTAND REVIT SCOPE BOXES
6) All the news from the world of BILT from the RTC News Blog.
Summer’s Over, Sessions are Here!
Interoperability, Programming and Collaboration: The Future of the AEC Industry in Europe
An all-Revit diet, for the BIM Gourmand
Building Information Modelling Uses and the Swiss Army Knife
How to Access BIM 360 Docs Free Forever
8) For those out there using Bluebeam Revu 2018, this post from Carol on her blog Hagen Business Systems is for you.
Digital Signatures in Bluebeam Revu 2018
9) We all love getting in and working with the latest versions of things, like Revit 2019 (or 2019.1) but sometimes there can be hidden issues. (Livingroomcraftz Blog)
Be careful what you wish for…
10) I’m going to end this week’s Roundup with a helpful post for any fellow bloggers using the ‘Blogger” platform from Tim over at Revit Add-ons.
How to Backup Your Blogger Blog(s)
Bonus) Time to find out what you are worth with the annual AUGI World Salary issue, out now.
AUGIWorld September 2018 Issue
Bonus # 2) There is always room for one more in the Roundup when it’s a new comic from The AEC Complex Comic.
Until next week,
LinkedIn: Carl Storms
Podcast: The Simply Complex Podcast