The BIMsider’s favourite posts from the world of BIM – for the week of Mar. 25th – Mar. 31st, 2018.
I’m going to start this week’s Roundup off with a post from Jason over at the RVIT blog with a recap of his 100 Tips and Tricks for Revit.
THE 100 THINGS EVERY REVIT USER SHOULD KNOW
2) This week was also the last week for Flux, which closes its doors (on this version anyway) on March. 31st. Find out more in this post from Chiara Rizzarda in the Strategie Digitali Blog
3) What should you get into AR, VR, maybe MR? (Engineering.com)
Augmented, Mixed or Virtual Reality: How Do Companies Decide Which New Tech Is Right for Them?
4) The saga is coming to a close, don’t miss how it ends in this latest post from There’s no BIM like Home.
PLQ 3.4 – Frank SAPpa
5) In case you missed any of Dan’s posts this week on his blog BIM Chapters here is his weekly recap.
BIM Chapters Update – Week of 25 March 2018
Recap of NVIDIA GTC 2018 in Silicon Valley (this was my favourite post of Dan’s this week)
6) Always time for a Revit tip, especially when it comes from Harry over at Boost Your BIM.
Schedule slope of all roof or floor faces
7) All the news from the world of RTC/BILT for the week from the RTC News Blog.
BILT ANZ 2018 guide for ARCHICAD Users
8) Sometimes you need order, and sometimes you need random, this is the case for random by Blair Birdsell in this post on Medium.
The Case of the Randomized Panel Problem
9.1) If you have been looking for a Dynamo way to change your Revit Materials, then look no further. (zhukoven)
Renaming Revit materials with Dynamo
9.2) Keeping with Dynamo this is an interesting read from Jeremy over at The Building Coder.
10) I will end this week’s Roundup with a post from Bill Debevc about his latest hobby making a 3D printed “buggy” he can explore the desert with. Follow all his adventures on the blog called Mojave Rover Project.
INSTALLING APACHE, PHP AND MARIADB ON A RASPBERRY PI 3B+
To learn more about how it all started read post #1
THE GREAT MOJAVE ROVER PROJECT
Until next week,
LinkedIn: Carl Storms
Podcast: The Simply Complex Podcast