The BIMsider’s favourite posts from the world of BIM – for the week of Jan. 20th, 2019 – Jan. 26th, 2019.
I’m going to start this week’s Roundup off with the latest Revit Roadmap hot on the heels of the release of Revit 2019.2 last week, read all about it in this Revit Blog post.
Revit Public Roadmap – January 2019
2) Keeping with the Revit 2019.2 release a couple of helpful posts about some issues (I had to do a clean install myself as a result of the update) it can cause from the zhukoven.com blog.
How to fix Revit 2019.2 update install issues
Revit 2019.2 forces install Dynamo update
3) In case you missed any of Dan’s posts this week on his blog BIM Chapters here is his weekly recap.
BIM Chapters Update – Week of 20 January 2019
4) Some good points about how UAV’s are changing construction from this Synergis blog post.
5 WAYS DRONES ARE TRANSFORMING CONSTRUCTION
5) If you are looking for a great tool to help with issues (and more), and you are in the construction industry you should read this post from the BIM Track Blog.
BIM Track for GCs: Why your next project needs BIM Track
6) Now for all the news from the world of BILT & DBEI, check out this week’s blogs.
It’s (Not) All Fun and Games (RTC News Blog)
TO BE THE BEST – BE THE BEST: WHY SPEAK AT BILT EUROPE (DBEI News Blog)
7) Have you met Rubix yet? Learn about it in this post from the Connect & Construct Blog.
Rhumbix and BIM 360: A Construction Technology Match Made in Heaven
8) Tim was busy this week bring all his railing and stair issues together for one super post on his blog the RevitCat.
How Do You Solve a Problem Like Ma Railings?
9) A new post this week from Paul over on the ParametricMonkey Blog about learning.
Learning to learn for architects
10) Some great posts, as always, from the fine gang at the Revit Add-ons blog.
Ladybug-Dynamo – Import and Visualize Weather Data Using Dynamo
Roundup – for Jan 14-20, 2019, New and Updated Revit-Related Add-Ins on the Autodesk App Store
A First Look at BIM 360 Cloud Models Inside Revit 2019.2
New RevitLookup Snoops Edges, Faces and Links
Bonus post this week from the Daniel and AEC Software blog.
Until next week,
LinkedIn: Carl Storms
Podcast: The Simply Complex Podcast