The BIMsider’s favourite posts from the world of BIM – for the week of Jan. 21st – Jan. 27th, 2018.
I’m going to start this week’s Roundup off with an opinion piece from upFront eZine about why Autodesk is NOT Adobe.
Autodesk Wasn’t Adobe, After All
2) This post from Phil of Phil-osophy in BIM is a really neat look into how he made his cool Christmas post from 2017.
Making of Holiday Card – Part 1 (Christmas Light)
3) The end of submissions for BILT EUR 2018 is Sunday, Jan. 28th, 2018. If you are still looking for more great conferences in 2018 then take a look are this post by Michael from ArchSmarter.
The Ultimate List of BIM Conferences
4) Keeping with BILT & RTC here are all the post from this week, as posted on the RTC News Blog.
BILT ANZ Program Highlights
BILTna 2018 Venue St. Louis Union Station
May we introduce … BILT Academy
The Confession Chair – Prologue
DBEI Night Recap: Record breaking attendance!
5) What do you think, will BricsCAD Shape be competition for FormIt and SketchUp? (the BIM hub)
Introducing BricsCAD Shape: Shape your ideas
6) This next post by Jason from RVIT is so True, there is no magic bullet, just vigilance.
REVIT MODEL PERFORMANCE IS NOT A MAGIC BULLET
6.1) To tie into the ideas of the post above, this is an interesting post about the Revit FRO Benchmarks, and that not everyone speaks (or works in) English (zhukoven)
Revit RFO benchmark fails with journal error on localized Revit installs
7) Scan to BIM, it’s more than just setting up a scanner…find out more in this XS CAD post.
The Importance of Architectural Experience for Scan to BIM Modeling
8) Check out this week’s posts from Dan over at BIM Chapters, or in his handy recap on his LinkedIn page.
BIM Chapters Update – Week of 21 January 2018
9) Some new stuff coming to Dynamo soon, find out what John has to say in this post in sixtysecondrevit.
New Dictionary Nodes in #DynamoBIM Daily Build
10) I will end this’s week’s Roundup with this post from the BIM Jedi.
Are you a Rebel at work?
Until next week,
LinkedIn: Carl Storms
Podcast: The Simply Complex Podcast