The BIMsider’s favourite posts from the world of BIM – for the week of Jan. 6th, 2019 – Jan. 12th, 2019.
I’m going to start this week’s Roundup off with a post on LinkedIn from Clive Jordon of LOD Planner…starting 2019 off with an Ultimate list!
The Ultimate BIM Software List For 2019
2) A couple of cool posts this week from Revit Add-ons
the-Saurus – Auto-Complete for Dynamo Using Machine Learning
Open Source CrossPlatform Repo – Develop for Revit/Dynamo & Rhino/Grasshopper from a Single Code Base
Clockwork for Dynamo v1.33.0 & 2.1.1
The Week That Was in Revit Add-ons for Dec 31, 2018 – Jan 6, 2019
3) Always time for a quick Revit tip, this next tip comes from CADNotes
How to rotate Revit Views
4) In case you missed any of Dan’s posts this week on his blog BIM Chapters here is his weekly recap.
BIM Chapters Update – Week of 6 January 2019
5) This next post is from Boost Your BIM about the 2.0 version now available of his add-in for Revit Image-O-Matic
Image-O-Matic is back! And Free!
6) Refinery and VR, mind blown! Learn more in this post from Through the Interface.
Connecting Refinery to VR
7) Still more weird stuff from railings in Revit from the RevitCat
Weird Railing Stuff – part 15 – Railing Lateral Offsets
8) Need a little help getting up and running with BIM 360 Design, then check out this post from CAD Zulu.
BIM 360 DESIGN
9) The world of CES 2019 from Stacey on IoT.
Impressions of IoT products at day one of CES 2019
The highlight of CES day 2 was new interfaces
Day 3 of CES and I dug in on enterprise tech
CES day 4 was all about tech going new places
10) If you are looking for a great AEC conference for 2019, of course, there are the greats like #BILTNA and #AU…but take a look at the ConTech Roadshow too.
Contech Roadshow – 6 Dates 2019
Bonus Post this week, learning to build a Raspberry Powered scissor lift from Bill Debevc from his Instructables post as part of his Mojave Rover Project.
Raspberry Pi Controlled Scissor Lift
Until next week,
LinkedIn: Carl Storms
Podcast: The Simply Complex Podcast