The BIMsider’s favourite posts from the world of BIM – for the week of Aug. 25th – Sept. 1st, 2018.
I’m going to start this week’s Roundup off with a post not about BIM directly, but instead, a post that starts off with a totally unremarkable bike ride taken by someone from the BIM community, that everyone from the BIM community is so happy to have back in the saddle again! Colin enjoy the ride! Read more in Colin’s blog, No Edge Lines.
2) Now time for some math, but don’t worry Dan has already done it, find out more in this post from There’s no BIM like home.
PLQ 3.4 – Inspired Improvements
3) This week we got part 5 in the RevitCat’s series on the CME.
Creating Swept Blends in Revit Mass – CME Part 5 (Part 1, 2, 3, 4)
4) In case you missed any of Dan’s posts this week on his blog BIM Chapters here is his weekly recap.
BIM Chapters Update – Week of 26 August 2018
5) How much you bench? Find out with this post about the Revit FRO Benchmark from the Zhukoven Blog.
Revit RFO Benchmark v3.2 now supports Revit 2019
6) All the news from the world of BILT from the RTC News Blog.
The AI story @ Sweco
An ARCHICAD User? Here’s our suggested Program for BILT Europe!
Social Share: Everyone’s a winner!
Rethinking how we Build ‘Content’ Summits in Europe
7) If you are new to the Revit world and are looking to start making families this is a great post from Jeff Hanson on the Revit Blog.
Your guide to understanding Revit Families
8) Great post by Jeff on his blog The Revit Kid to help you (and me) figure out Depth Cueing in Revit.
Revit Tutorial – Adding Depth to Your Elevation (Redux)
9) This next post from Revit Add-ons is about a Revit Add-on that has come under fire because of its name…
SpankMyRevit – but don’t Abuse it! An Update
10) I will end this week’s Roundup with a post trying to answer the age old question “What Is Dynamo”. Find the answer from Sean Fruin in his post on the Evolve Lab Blog.
What Is Dynamo?
Until next week,
LinkedIn: Carl Storms
Podcast: The Simply Complex Podcast